University Square Homeowners Association
Semi Annual Meeting Notes
face book: University Square Homeowners Association
The President called the meeting to order at 7:36 p.m. at The Villa Elementary Library
Introductions and welcome to new homeowners were made.
Minutes of the Last Meeting
- The minutes of the February 1, 2011 board meeting were reviewed and approved.
EARC Report: Gail Contreras
- Gail Contreras, EARC Chairperson will give neighbors gentle, benevolent reminders to infractions. This effort seems to be most effective and does not create hard feelings.
Treasurer’s Report: Dennis Makurat
- The HOA currently has $44k in accounts plus $10k CD
- We are in good financial shape
- Trash rate was down, but anticipate a rate hike due to soaring fuel costs
- 70 homes still owe dues from October; reminder letters will go out
- NW was explained to new home owners, and offer to add names with email to list serve to receive news briefs and other Neighborhood Watch information was made
- National Night Out will be 1st Tuesday of August. A plea was made for volunteers. Cheryl will invite the Villa neighborhood to combine our NNO’s. This was done twice in the past and was very successful
- Neighbors were cautioned about leaving GPS’s, IPOD’s and other items in cars as it is an open invitation for a smash and grab
- Police ask neighbors to be vigilant and call anything suspicious in. If you hear car alarms in a parking lot or at home, call it in. This is how crime rings are broken up
- Neighborhood Watch training at Police Station will be April 20 at 7PM
- Please see Face Book Page for updates
- All are invited to Citizens Advisory Committee meetings last Tuesday of each month at Fair Oaks Police Station where you will hear from our Captain, and guest speakers. Meeting lasts no more than an hour and start at 7PM.
Old Business: President advised we have a full HOA Board
Regarding George Masons Proposed Western Bypass:
- Town hall meeting on George Mason University’s Proposed Western Bypass will be March 28 Time: 7:30 p.m.
Location: Fairfax Villa Elementary School
Frank Ruth will make a flyer to distribute to neighborhood to encourage attendance. The flyer will also be e-mailed out, and posted on line.
- VDOT website has a place for citizens to voice their concerns regarding roadwork.
From the floor:
If any neighbor would like to help VP Pershing with nomination committee, please contact him.
Bertha Mcclintock stated she has 2 trees in the common area that are hollowed out, FYI.
Ray Tolbert suggested neighbors check siding and roof for wind damage
Drainage construction on SCD/Bellavia is ongoing
Next board meeting that all are invited to attend: April 29 at 8:00PM at Franks house
A motion was made to adjourn the meeting at 8:30 pm. It was unanimously approved.
Frank Ruth President 703 273-7641
Andrew Pershing VP 703 216-0497
Dennis Makurat Treasurer 703 383-0233
Cheryl Lewis Secretary 703 385-1041
Ray Tolbert Member 703 272-3450
Justin Ginsberg Member 703 738-6339
Gail Contreras EARC 703 352-8109
Jen Weigel Member 703 309-7446
Patrick Tomilson EARC 703 615-0176
Cheryl Lewis 8 March 2011