University Square (formerly University Woods) was built and settled from 1982 to 1985. It consists of four sections containing 165 homes.
Fairfax Villa Elementary School was established in 1964. It has a 600-student capacity and 11 acres of land. The USHA donated $2,000 in 1987 to help defray the cost of building a playground on the school grounds. (Later replaced)
Fairfax Villa, our older neighbor on the other side of the Fairfax Villa Elementary School, began its history in 1959. From 1960-1963, five sections were completed consisting of 422 lots. In 1971-1972, 37 more lots were added in the Cavalier Woods Subdivision.
As defined in the by-laws, the common area is “all real property owned by the association for the common use and enjoyment of the owners.” The use of the common areas is free for all homeowners.
If a common area is to be used for other than a family gathering, permission for use must be submitted in writing to the USHA Board of Directors at least two (2) weeks in advance. The request must include the date, time, number of people attending and the purpose of the event. The Board reserves the right to refuse any request. It is the responsibility of the homeowner to clean the common area after its use.
No permanent structures (buildings, fences, etc.) may be constructed on any common area.