Board Meeting – February 2016 Minutes

University Square Homeowners Association (USHA)

Fairfax Villa School –February 3, 2016

Call to Order

At 8:00PM, Peter McClintock, President, called the meeting to order and reviewed the agenda. Board Members present were:

  • Peter McClintock, President
  • PJ Kennedy, Treasurer
  • Justin Ginsberg, member
  • Christine Taylor, member

Treasure’s Report:

  • Checking Account: $60,160
  • Money Market: $32,970
  • CDs: $20,100 (reserve for Common Property Tree Removal)
  • Total Funds: $113,330
  • Total Dues collected – current year – $43,600  (approx. 81%)
  • 3 lots behind less than 1 year
  • 3 lots behind more than 1 year

Approval of November Minutes

The board approved the 11/4/2015 minutes.

EARC Report

None

Delinquent Dues Collection

The 3 lots behind in dues less than 1 year are being contacted once again.  Of the 3 lots delinquent more than 1 year, 1 has almost paid his debt (about 20% remaining and he has been a steady payer recently), 1 submitted another check to replace a check that bounced – awaiting clearance from bank to decide if more action is needed), and 1 is seriously delinquent and while he said he was going to pay down his debt, we only received 1 payment over 1 year ago.  The Board decided this latter lot will be sent for collection.  The homeowner has not responded to certified letters requesting payment.  The homeowner will bear the cost of collection, in addition to the dues owed.

Neighborhood Watch and USHA Facebook Page

Board member Christine Taylor agreed to be USHA’s Neighborhood Watch contact and the “administrator” of the USHA Facebook page.

Upcoming Semi- annual Meeting in March

The meeting is scheduled for March 2 at the Fairfax Villa School at 7:30pm.  Items for the agenda are:

  • Status of changing the deed Declaration for all University Square
  • Fairfax County Police Crime Prevention Officer Twombly to speak on Anonymous letters and Neighborhood Watch.

The meeting ended at 8:45pm.

 

Board Meeting – November 2015

University Square Homeowners Association (USHA)

Fairfax Villa School November 4, 2015 General Meeting Minutes

Call to Order

At 8:00PM, Peter McClintock, President, called the meeting to order and reviewed the agenda. Board Members present were:

  • Peter McClintock, President
  • PJ Kennedy, Treasurer
  • Oscar Merida, member
  • Christine Taylor, member

Treasure’s Report

  • Checking Account: $66,400
  • Money Market: $33,000
  • CDs: $20,100 (reserve for Common Property Tree Removal)
  • Total Funds: $119,500
  • Total Dues Collected: Approximately $38,300 (71.5%)x
  • Three letters to be sent to home’s that are delinquent on dues
  • Two Emails to be sent to homeowners that are past due.

Election of Officers

Oscar Merida was elected to serve as Secretary due to resignation of previous secretary.

Approval of Board Members

Heather Goltry voted and approved as seventh board member. Matt Jaquith was approved as new chair of the EARC, with Cassandra Jaquith to serve as an alternate when he is not available.

Upcoming Meetings

Board decided to schedule upcoming meetings for the first Wednesdays of February, May, and September. We will also hold our semi-annual meetings in March and October of 2016.

External Architectural Review Committee (EARC) Report:

The Board reviewed and approved the changes to the EAG&R for roof lines.  The wording approved is:

Roofs of new structures and additions must be architecturally compatible with the existing roof including pitch, such that the roof does not exceed the original peak of the roof.   There are 2 exceptions that allow the new roof to exceed the original peak of the roof:  1) If the roof is an extension of the present roof line, or on the same plane as the original roof line but offset by a foot or two, the roof may extend up to 4 feet beyond the original peak on the street side of the roof.   See the house at 4308 Bellavia for the exception.  However, no addition to the back side of a house can have a roof that exceeds the original peak of the roof.   2) If the roof will be perpendicular to the original roof line (such as with a split level home where the upper floor roof line is perpendicular to the lower floor roof line) the new addition roof, which will exceed the height of the original roof, must tie into the original roof in the same manner that the split level roofs tie in.   In other words, the new addition eave portion of the roof must be lower than the original roof peak at their intersection and the 2 roofs must tie in through the use of shingles.  In all cases, the color must match that of the original roof and the shingles must be the same.

The board also approved allowing alternate hand delivery of the results of a Board appeal to the homeowner as long as the deliverer obtains in-person with a  signature upon receipt for the Board EARC communications to homeowners.

The Board approved changes to the EARC Charter. Changes included:

  • If an application for property modifications includes an item not addressed in  the EAG&R, the EARC will refer the application to the President of USHA for a determination on whether the modification should be disapproved, and if so the applicant may file an appeal to the board.
  • Allowing alternate delivery in-person with signature upon receipt for EARC communications to homeowners.
  • Requiring EARC to survey homes once a year for violation.

Worker’s Compensation

Association Lawyer insurance agent  confirmed that we do not need to purchase Worker’s Compensation.

Anonymous Letters

The Board was made aware that at least one individual in the neighborhood is sending anonymous letters to other homeowners and also claiming to be on the board. The Board will send a letter to the all homeowners to clarify that someone is impersonating the board and to remind everyone of the proper channels for communicating concerns and issues to the Board.

Also, MPO R. Wayne Twombly, a Crime Prevention Officer in the Fair Oaks District, will attend our March community meeting where we will discuss this issue further.

October 2015 Minutes

University Square Homeowners Association (USHA)
October 7, 2015 General Meeting Notes
Fairfax Villa School

Minutes:

Call to Order (8:00PM):

At 8:00PM, Peter McClintock, President, called the meeting to order and reviewed the agenda. It was noted that 19 owners were present, representing 19 lots, representing a quorum. Board Members present were:

  • Peter McClintock, President
  • Drew Pershing, Vice President
  • PJ Kennedy, Treasurer
  • Caitlin Kaprove, Secretary
  • Oscar Merida, member
  • Christine Taylor, member

Treasurer’s Report:

  • Checking Account: $58,000
  • Money Market: $33,000
  • CDs: $20,100 (reserve for Common Property Tree Removal)
  • Total Funds: $111,100
  • Total Dues Collected: Approximately $29,000
  • 48 properties have not yet made this year’s payment, although not yet overdue.
  • Four lots are the only remaining lots that have been delinquent for more than one year.

External Archetictural Review Committee (EARC) Report:

Patrick Tomlinson will soon be stepping down as EARC Chair.

Some applications for consideration have been coming in to the EARC.

Question: “Are concrete driveways permitted?”
Pete responded that he had reviewed the prior records and didn’t see anything that prohibited concrete driveways in either the 2007 or 2015 External Architectural Guidelines and Restrictions (EAG&R).

Question: “I have some concerns about the EARC committee’s use of its authority. I have heard that the EARC committee blocked the sale of a house in our neighborhood.”
Patrick responded that the EARC had raised the issue in question as a violation, but did not block the sale of the home. Patrick added that the EARC had asked for a small concession in design to bring the addition in line with EARC guidelines.

EARC member Patricia Garcia gave comments on the complexities of EARC work and the care with which EARC committee members exercise their duties.

Comment: “When I was on the EARC committee (note – that was in the early formation stages of the USHA in the mid-1980’s), we would pull together proposed changes, etc., for a community vote. I suggest ERAC do this.”
Peter noted that the By-Laws now give authority to amend the EAG&R to the Board of Directors.

Neighborhood Watch:

Nita Chapuran kindly volunteered to be an administrative point of contact for the relationship between USHA and the Fairfax County Neighborhood Watch program, but noted that she would not be interested in attending numerous meetings and hosting large events, such as National Night Out. She agreed to contact the County and submit her name as the contact and if it involves meetings etc, she would so report that to the Board.

Election of Board Members

Patrick and Peter were re-elected to the Board.

  • Total votes submitted – 30
  • (Votes that were cast by the secretary as a proxy – 6)
  • Patrick “PJ” Kennedy (Lot 21) – 28
  • Peter McClintock (Lot 70) – 29
  • One write in for “Peter McClintock” – counted toward his general votes

Consultations with Attorney:

Based on Attorney recommendations, the Board recently amended EAG&R, effective September 1, 2015 (including changes to deck material provisions, provisions on business signs, provisions on treating wood fences, provisions on colors for decks and trims, addition of provision on broken shingles, etc. – see prior minutes)

Amended disclosure notice based on attorney recommendations.

Proposed amendment to the bylaws – deletion of sentence in Article XI  (“also, a delinquency fee of $30 shall be assessed at each billing period if the account is unpaid after 30 days”. Amendement was passed unanimously by those present.

Question: “Do we necessarily want to publicize the possible limitation on the Board’s ability to enforce monetary fee against owners who violate ERAC guidelines?” led to a discussion of the USHA Declaration.

Discussion of amending the USHA declaration. The attorney also recommended reissuing the Declaration to update it, provide clearer authority to enforce the EAG&R by authorizing the assessment of fees for violations, and eliminate discrepancies between the interest rates contained in the 2 versions of the Declaration that exist for the association. This will take agreement by 75% of the owners. Most attendees were in favor of this.

From The Floor:

Common property – our two CDs in the bank are now considered reserve funds for tree removal.

Caitlin Kaprove tendered her resignation as secretary of the USHA Board, and encouraged others to take up the position, which carries a Board vote.

Patricia Garcia noted that she had received an anonymous, intimidating letter, likely from a neighbor, relating to placing lawn trimmings at the curb side. She said we should be respectful of our neighbors and an anonymous letter was not respectful.

Next General Meeting:

March 2016

Board Meeting – July 2015

University Square Homeowners Association (USHA)
July 8, 2015 Board Meeting Notes

Attendees:

  • Peter McClintock (President)
  • Andrew Pershing (Vice President)
  • PJ Kennedy (Treasurer)
  • Christine Taylor (Member)
  • Patrick Tomilson (Chair, ERAC)
  • Dennis Makurat (ERAC Member)
  • Oscar Merida (Webmaster)
  • Justin Ginsberg (Member)
  • Caitlin Kaprove (Secretary)
  • Patricia Garcia (Member)

Minutes:

    • Call to Order (8:06PM): At 8:06PM, Peter called the meeting to order.
    • ERAC Guidelines  (EAG&R) Changes: Peter noted that since the last (3 June) meeting, the Board had reviewed and tentatively approved the proposed changes to the ERAC Guidelines. However, before finalizing its approval, the Board unanimously agreed to make the following changes:
      • Appeals Process: The Board agreed to strike a paragraph that provided for a second-tier appeals process for ERAC violations.
      • Board Decision Delivery: The Board declined to change an existing provision whereby a Board decision on ERAC violations shall be delivered via registered mail.
      • Changes to Provisions on Mailboxes (Section 3): The Board agreed to adopt changes to permissible colors for mailbox posts (neutral tones).
      • Provisions on Decks (Section 10): The Board agreed on various changes to specifications on deck materials and colors.
      • Shingles (Section 13): The Board agreed to add a provision on broken, missing, curled, or crumbling shingles.
      • Exterior Color Changes (Section 14): The Board agreed to adopt new language in Section 14 governing permissible external color schemes for houses – notably, more specific language on what constitutes an earth tone.
      • Exterior Decorative Objects (Section 15): The Board declined to change an existing provision on portable furniture placement outside homes.
      • Fences (Section 17): The Board agreed to add a provision permitting owners to seal or stain their wood fences.
      • Freestanding Structures (Section 20): The Board agreed to add a provision linking permissible colors to those listed in Section 14.
      • Gutters and Downspouts (Section 21): The Board agreed to adopt a provision specifying that gutters shall be free of debris visible from below.
      • Landscaping (Section 23): The Board agreed to add language specifying what is meant by “neatly maintained”; the Board further agreed to split the first sentence of this Section into two sentences for clarity. The Board declined to change an existing provision mandating that front and front-visible side yards shall consist primarily of grass.
      • Maintenance Requirements (Section 24): The Board agreed to adopt a revision to the included website address.
      • Sidewalks and Pathways (Section 30): The Board agreed to delete existing language noting VDOT prohibitions, noting that VDOT requirements are beyond the scope of ERAC guidelines.
    • Word Document Copy of ERAC Guidelines: Peter agreed to contact the HOA’s external legal counsel to obtain the most recent copy of the ERAC Guidelines in Word document form (vice PDF). The Board unanimously agreed that, once edited, the revised ERAC Guidelines shall have an effective date of 1 September 2015.
    • ERAC Charter: The Board unanimously agreed to adopt a draft ERAC charter previously circulated among the Board members.
    • ERAC Walkaround: The Board agreed to schedule an ERAC neighborhood inspection in July, August, or September 2015; details forthcoming.
    • HOA Email Mailing List: PJ noted the utility of a community-wide e-mail mailing list, to be used in distributing information / announcements to University Square residents.
    • Disclosure Packet: In June 2015, PJ revised a new disclosure packet (provided by legal counsel) and circulated it to Board Members. The Board unanimously agreed on various minor changes to fee provisions included in the packet. The Board also agreed to include in the packet a reference to the approved Board meeting minutes on the HOA website (in lieu of including full minutes in each packet).
    • HOA Budget / Reserves for Common Areas: The Board agreed that the Association’s two certificates of deposit (CDs) will be its reserve for handling common area tree problems.
    • University Square Retention Ponds: Peter noted recent correspondence with Fairfax County personnel showing that maintenance of the dry water retention pond(s) is the County’s responsibility. PJ noted that there may be some question as to who is currently cutting the grass near our dry water retention pond.
    • Collection of Overdue Dues: Peter and PJ agreed to take steps to recover back dues from one property owner who is significantly in arrears.
    • National Night Out / Neighborhood Watch: Christine noted that the Board has $200 in the budget for this event, which will take place on August 4, 2015. Christine provided additional information on proposed activities, publicity, and invitees for the event. The Board unanimously agreed not to retain a live band this year, so as to instead make extra funds available for activities and food for the event. The Board further approved Christine’s plans to work with a local vendor to provide a prize for the event. Oscar suggested asking residents to provide their e-mail addresses (for the aforementioned listserv). Peter agreed to assist with distributing flyers for the event; Christine suggested having an HOA poster or other representation at the event, so as to disseminate information on recent changes to the ERAC Guidelines.
    • Website Changes: Oscar noted he will make certain revisions to the website, including (a) revisions to the stated dues amount (previously $366, now $310), (b) updates to the list of Board members, and (c) addition of recent minutes.
    • Common Area Tree Intrusions: PJ and Peter discussed various claims for debris and damage caused by recent tree-falls in the common wooded area. Peter and one other University Square resident both presented claims for such debris/damage, and PJ agreed to repay their claims from the HOA’s reserve budget for such repairs.
    • Upcoming Events / Meetings: PJ noted his plan to distribute the 2015-2016 budget for Board consideration in approximately mid-August 2015, for consideration, approval, and distribution in early September 2015. The Board agreed to tentatively schedule the next Board meeting for Wednesday, 9 September 2015, pending availability of meeting space at Villa Elementary School. The Board then agreed to tentatively schedule the next Association-wide meeting for Wednesday, 7 October 2015, also pending availability of meeting space at Villa Elementary School. PJ noted that the Board could post a draft of the bylaws with a revision removing the $30 late fee, and then hold a vote on that revision at the October Association-wide meeting.

Board Meeting – June 2015

University Square Homeowners Association (USHA)
June 3, 2015 Board Meeting Notes
Fairfax Villa School

Attendees:

  • Christine Taylor (Member)
  • PJ Kennedy (Treasurer)
  • Patrick Tomilson (Chair, ERAC)
  • Peter McClintock (President)
  • Oscar Merida (Webmaster)
  • Justin Ginsberg (Member)
  • Dennis Makurat (Member, ERAC)
  • Caitlin Kaprove (Secretary)

Absent:

  • Andrew Pershing (Vice President)
  • Patricia Garcia (Member, ERAC)

Minutes:

  • Call to Order (8:03PM): At 8:03PM, Peter called the meeting to order and reviewed the agenda.
  • Resignation of Jen Weigel / Election of Oscar Merida as Webmaster (8:04PM):
    The first order of business was the discussion of Jen Weigel’s recent resignation from the Board and the vacancy left by her departure. The Board voted unanimously to elect Oscar to fill the board position until the next election (October 2015).  Oscar volunteered to be Webmaster for USHA.
  • February 2015 Minutes Approved (8:15PM): The Board members who had attended the February 2015 minutes voted to approve the minutes from that meeting. Going forward, PJ suggested distributing minutes electronically following each meeting, for board approval, including biannual meetings; the Board agreed unanimously. Minutes could then be posted on the web site in a timely manner.
  • Treasurer’s Report (8:19PM): USHA’s total funds in various accounts come to just under $100,000. One of USHA’s CDs is coming due in July; PJ will investigate options going forward.  PJ also said he would produce a Treasurer’s report that would compare the budget with actual spending.
  • Discussion of Properties Delinquent on Dues (8:23PM): 14 properties haven’t made payments. 8 of those properties are due for half the year. 4 are behind by one year. PJ noted that there are 2 properties that are substantially delinquent.  One of those 2 had begun made a partial payment in April.
  • Delivering Electronic Disclosure Packet to Selling Owner(s) (8:25PM): Recent Virginia legislation allows electronic distribution of a disclosure packet, if the requester asks for it electronically.  If so, USHA must retain the request and a copy of the electronic packet provided.  The Board agreed that PJ could to deliver an electronic disclosure packet to an owner who is currently selling his or her property, if so requested.
  • Board Approved Paying Outstanding Legal Bills (8:34PM): The Board unanimously approved a motion to pay the Board’s outstanding legal bills (an additional $1,000, not to exceed $4,000).
  • Discussion of Legal Counsel Advice Re USHA Documents (8:37PM): The Board voted unanimously to approve the line edits provided by legal counsel for USHA External Architectural Guidelines and Restrictions (EAG&R) document. The Board also agreed to schedule a follow-up meeting to discuss other possible changes to the EAG&R and additional recommendations of counsel on the disclosure Document.  Particular items included the following:
    • ERAC Appeals Process: The Board agreed to preserve the ERAC appeals process already contemplated in the current bylaws.
    • Satellite Dishes / Flagpoles / Solar Panels: The Board discussed advice from legal counsel related to satellite dishes, flagpoles, and solar panels. Specifically, counsel pointed out that either Federal or State law prohibits Homeowner’s Associations from banning them, but we can impose reasonable restrictions on their size, placement, etc.  The Board also noted advice of legal counsel that the USHA disclosure packet needs to specifically address these provisions.
    • Amending the Declaration: The Board discussed advice of legal counsel related to the enforceability of fees and restrictions generally.  Legal counsel recommended revising the underlying USHA declaration so as to improve the enforceability of community restrictions;  to do that we need to get 75% of the community to agree.
    • Painted Decks: The Board discussed provisions in the USHA documents related to permissible deck colors and conditions. Ultimately, the Board agreed to schedule a follow-up meeting to discuss this and other items in greater depth.
    • Disclosure Packet: PJ volunteered to circulate (among the Board members) an electronic copy of the most recent disclosure packet with the proposed edits of legal counsel, for further review.
  • ERAC Discussions:
    • Letter on ERAC Violations (9:30PM): Peter gave the board members and ERAC members present, a copy of an anonymous letter with complaints regarding ERAC violations in the neighborhood.
    • Proposed Addition (9:33PM): Patrick and Dennis provided information on a proposed addition to a residence.
    • ERAC Walk-Through (9:40PM): Patrick agreed to draft a checklist for use during an ERAC walk-through. The Board unanimously agreed to plan an ERAC walk-through, with Board members reviewing their findings in teams.
  • Additional Business: Christine volunteered to look into next steps for National Night Out. Peter and PJ volunteered to attempt to hand deliver a letter to the property owner who is most delinquent on dues – and then, if necessary, consider using an attorney for subsequent communications. Peter and Oscar agreed to meet separately to discuss design changes to the USHA website.
  • Next Meeting on 8 July 2015: Peter volunteered to host the next meeting at his house, as the school will be unavailable at that point.

Board Minutes – February 2015.

February 4, 2015 Board Meeting Minutes

University Square Homeowners Association

Board Meeting – Feb, 4, 2015 at the Villa Elementary School – Call to Order 7:30pm

Board Members Present – Peter McClintock, president; PJ Kennedy, Treasurer; Justin Ginsburg, Member

Treasurer’s Report – Total funds in bank accounts – $104,000.   The Treasurer detailed those who are delinquent on dues.

Business:

– Frank Ruth, President of the USHA, had announced his intention to move and resign at a December 2014 meeting held at Frank’s house.  His move was dependent on the appraisal and settlement, which had not occurred at the time of the December meeting.  He subsequently announced his resignation by e-mail and has moved.  The Board expressed its sincere appreciation for Frank’s 17 years of service to the Association.  With Frank’s resignation, there is a vacancy of 1 position on the board.

– With Frank’s resignation, Peter McClintock, who was elected to the board in October, was elected President of the Association.  Andrew Pershing was re-elected as Vice President and PJ Kennedy was re-elected as Treasurer.

– Christine Taylor submitted her resignation as Secretary by e-mail, prior to the February meeting.  She intends to stay on the board.  With her resignation, we have a vacancy at the Secretary position.

– Treasurer PJ Kennedy had arranged to have a law firm (MercerTrigianni), which specializes in homeowner associations, review the USHA documents, including by-laws, covenants,  Articles of Incorporation, Architectural Guidelines & Restrictions, etc, to advise whether they need to be updated.  Peter McClintock signed an engagement letter with the firm.

– It was decided to hold the March semi-annual meeting on March 25 at 7:30 pm.  There will be a board meeting on March 4 to prepare the agenda for the meeting.

Adjourned: 8:30pm

Respectfully submitted,

Peter McClintock

Board Meeting Notes – July 2014

University Square Homeowners Association

Monthly Meeting Notes

http://universitysquareha.com

face book: University Square Homeowners Association

Board Meeting

July 2, 2014 at the home of HOA President Frank Ruth

Call to Order 8:02pm

Minutes of last meeting approved

Treasurer’s Report:

·      Certified letters went out to 3 properties who have still owe this years dues

·      All other lots delinquent are incurring 6% interest on their accounts

·      An attorney has been retained to look over our bi-laws and council us on our collection procedure

Neighborhood Watch:

·      Neighborhood Watch Chair, Cheryl Lewis is moving temporarily to Ohio. She will continue to keep committee informed, and be available via email

·      National Night Out will be Tuesday August 5. We will need volunteers to work the event. We will have visits from: PD, Sheriff; Fire, Band, etc.

New Business

·      Thank you to Christine Taylor for volunteering to be our new Secretary. She was appointed by the Board- unanimous for  vote

·      Board member Ray Tolberthas resigned as he is going back to school Thank you Ray for your past service on the board

·      Thank you Peter McClintock who was appointed to be on the EARC committee.

·       University Drive residents: The Rooney family met with Fairfax County storm drainage staff due to the drainage  pond  that abuts their side  yard. They believe it has become a health hazard due to mosquitoes. The officials disagreed and said that the retaining pond was working as it should. The US Army Corps of Engineers is the real manager of the water shed and the pond. Their next step is letter to Braddock Supervisor Cook’s office.

·      Frank Ruth will check with The Villa Elementary School regarding a speed bump in front of the school and about their out of control grass growth around the back playing  field, which is a haven for rodents

·       The Board is looking for ideas and prices for a University Square sign to be posted on University Drive at the entrance to our homes

 

Board’s Next meeting will be the National Night Out event , Tuesday August 5, 2014 at                                           6:00pm

Adjourned: 9:00pm

 

Board members present:

President                        Frank Ruth (10/16)                         703-273-7641

Treasurer                        PJ Kennedy             (10/16)             703 359-4174

Secretary                        Cheryl Lewis (10/15)                        703-385-1041

Member                         Jen Weigel            (10/16)                703-309-7446

Member                         Justin Ginsberg(10/16)

New Secretary                Christine Taylor                                703-919-4669

Residents                        Mr. & Mrs. Rooney

 

Respectfully submitted,

Cheryl Lewis

7/3/2014

 

Board Minutes – February 2014

University Square Homeowners Association

Monthly Meeting Notes

http://universitysquareha.com

face book: University Square Homeowners Association

Board Meeting

February 5, 2014 at Fairfax Villa Elementary School

 

Call to Order 8:02pm

Minutes of last meeting approved

 

Treasurer’s Report:

·      Six lots are in arrears; one is severely over due

·      Lawyer to be retained to help make sure bi-laws are in compliance with new laws. Also will help in collection of dues

·      Current bank balance:  $97,140.00

           

Neighborhood Watch:

·      Neighborhood Watch Chair is moving temporarily to Ohio. She will continue to keep committee informed, and be available via email.

·      National Night Out will be August 5. We will need volunteers to work the event, and need a coordinator at the event. Chairperson will arrange for all of the visitors: PD, Sheriff; Fire, Band, etc

 

New Business

·      Secretary Cheryl Lewis is moving (temporally for 2 years); therefore we are In need of a new Secretary. Please see any board member if you can step up and help out. Time commitment is minimal.

 

Next meeting is semiannual on March 5, 2014 7:30pm At The Villa Elementary School Library

 

Adjourned: 8:30pm

 

Board members present:

President                        Frank Ruth (10/16)                                    703-273-7641

Treasurer                        PJ Kennedy   (10/16)                                703 359-4174

Secretary                        Cheryl Lewis (6/14)                                   703-385-1041

Member                        Ray Tolbert (10/16)                                     703-272-3450

Member                        Justin Ginsberg(10/16)

 

Respectfully submitted,

Cheryl Lewis

2/8/2014

 

Board Minutes – January 2014

University Square Homeowners Association

Monthly Meeting Notes

http://universitysquareha.com

face book: University Square Homeowners Association

Board Meeting

January 8, 2014 Home of President Frank Ruth

 

Call to Order 8:09pm

 

Treasurer’s Report:

·      Two lots have paid late, with out interest or late fee

·      It was agreed to waive the fees this time

           

EARC Report:

·      Discussion to change document to reflect the new law allowing home business

·      It was agreed that homeowners could hang an 8×11 ½ business sign from bottom of mail box

 

New Business

·      Discussion about hiring a good HOA attorney to help proof and make lawful changes to Bi-laws and EARC rules. Board members will seek names of attorneys for consideration

·      In need of a new Secretary. If interested, please let a board member know. It does not take up too much time.

 

Adjourned: 8:48pm

 

Board members present:

President                        Frank Ruth (10/16)                                    703-273-7641

Treasurer                        PJ Kennedy  (10/16)                                   703 359-4174

Secretary                        Cheryl Lewis (10/15)                                  703-385-1041

Member                        Ray Tolbert (10/16)                                     703-272-3450

 

Respectfully submitted,

Cheryl Lewis

1/14/2014

 

Board Minutes – November 2013

University Square Homeowner’s Association

Board Meeting Minutes

http://universitysquareha.com

facebook: University Square HOA

November 6, 2013

 

Board Attendees: Frank Ruth, Drew Pershing, PJ Kennedy, Cheryl Lewis

Meeting called to order at 8:11 PM

Treasurer’s report:

*   Total funds: $102,250.00

*   Delinquent notices went out on 10/4/13 to 10 property owners are late paying dues

*   Four owners have not made any payments and Treasurer is looking into collections and possible lien on properties, which will include late payment charges, Attorney fees, and any other fee’s that are incurred by the HOA

*   President Ruth will write a statement of facts regarding the fallen trees that destroyed a shed, and file an insurance claim. The insurance company informed Treasurer that our insurance rates will be increased next year; therefore it was agreed by the board to go ahead and file a claim

 

Neighborhood Watch:

Reminder to keep valuables out of parked cars

Old Business:

 

* Frank Ruth and Justin Ginsberg were re-elected to a three-year term

* Still looking for an HOA Secretary

Meeting adjourned at 8:36PM