Located approximately 20 miles west of Washington, D.C. in Fairfax County, University Square has 165 homes. Our community is located adjacent to Fairfax City, George Mason University and Fairfax Villa Elementary School. We are close to Route 123 running north and south, and Route 236 (Little River Turnpike) running east and west. Close by are the Fair Oaks Shopping Center, other shopping and restaurants, Fair Oaks Hospital, and nearby access to Route 66.
University Square was developed between 1982 and 1985. We have: about 8 acres of undeveloped common property land surrounding and within our community, access to the elementary school playground, and each home has pre-paid ownership (when activated) to a nearby Olympic size swimming pool (Fairfax Villa Aquatic). Children in our development attend Fairfax Villa Elementary School, Robert Frost Middle School, and W.T. Woodson High School.
The University Square Homeowner’s Association (USHA) provides and administers External Architectural Guidelines and Regulations, maintains the common grounds and pays for community trash service. With minimal common property expense, annual assessments recently have been within the $300 – $350 range per year.
For current and prospective homeowners, this site can help you find information about:
- Annual Dues – Dues are collected annually. These funds are used by the board to pay for trash service, common area upkeep, and other costs.
- Exterior Architectural Guidelines and Restrictions – Information about what is and what is not allowed as part of your home’s exterior. If you plan on having any work done on the exterior, please submit your plans for approval by the EARC Committee.
- Trash Service – Notes about trash, recycling, and yard waste collection and disposal including holiday schedules.
- Rental Property Requirement – please notify the board if you are renting your property.
- Moving – What to do if you are selling your home and moving.