University Square Homeowners Association
Face book: University Square Homeowners Association
February 1, 2012 The Villa Elementary School
Call to Order 8:07 pm
Minutes of last meeting accepted
- One house to make an addition. There will be friendly reminders handed out this spring to residents that are not in compliance with the Architectural Guidelines of USHOA. The number of houses with siding covered with green encrustation will be a major thrust.
- We are in good financial shape, but still have 4 houses in arrears.
- Dues notices will be sent next week. Treasurer would like help in stuffing envelopes.
- GMU will connect Braddock Road west of Ox Road to the main campus at Patriot Circle. Road will go under Ox Road just south of the Field House
- The Board investigated having a group reduces the deer that are plaguing homes on University Drive. The spread of Lyme disease was a factor. It will be considered again next fall.
- University Drive residents need to consider parking problems with GMU students’
- We will need of a new Treasurer and Secretary by the October. The board is hoping that some young family members who have a lot vested in the neighborhood, will take these positions over
- General membership meeting next month, Wednesday, March 7, at the Villa Elementary-7:30
Board members present:
- President Frank Ruth (10/13) 703-273-7641
- Vice President Andrew Pershing (10-13) 703 216-0497
- Treasurer Dennis Makurat (10/12) 703-383-0233
- Secretary Cheryl Lewis (10/13) 703-385-1041
- Member Jen Weigel (10/13) 703-309-7446
Member Ray Tolbert (10/12) 703-272-3450
Member Justin Ginsberg (10/12)
EARC Gail Contreas